BIBS Couture is the newest pacifier in the BIBS family. It completes the modern pacifier assortment with an anatomically shaped nipple of highest quality in a premium design.
The anatomically shaped nipple – also known as an orthodontic nipple – is curved at the top for a natural fit to the baby’s palate with an angled tip for easy tongue placement.
- To ensure the right placement of the pacifier, the shield is designed to resemble a butterfly.
- This nipple shape gives the least pressure on jaw, gums and teeth.
- Available in both natural rubber latex and silicone.
- The silicone nipple has an innovative pattern in the nipple that reinforces the material, making it more resistant than other silicone pacifiers.
- The shield is made of 100% food-safe material. Completely free from BPA, PVC, and phthalates.
- Designed and manufactured in Denmark/EU.
The curved top promotes a tongue placement and sucking technique where the sides of the tongue cup around the nipple, like it, does during breastfeeding. The angled tip means that the baby does not need to suck as hard for the pacifier to flatten inside the mouth.
Because the nipple is not symmetrical the pacifier must be placed the right way in the baby’s mouth. To ensure this, the shield has been specially designed to resemble a butterfly, so it is easy to see which way the pacifier should turn.
The nipple is equipped with a valve, letting out air when the baby closes down on the nipple. This ventilation system causes the air from inside the nipple to be pushed out through the valve thereby flattening the nipple to shape naturally after the baby’s oral cavity.
The lightweight shield is carefully designed with large holes on each side to ensure minimum contact with the sensitive and delicate skin around the baby’s mouth, which means less chance of moisture build-up from saliva that can cause rashes and sore spots.
The shield comes in two different sizes that match the nipple size. The bigger the nipple – the bigger the shield.